Reading the E-Edition on Your Sony Reader
The e-edition can be downloaded to your computer in e-book format and transfered to your Sony Reader via its USB cable. Below are complete instructions for doing this.
Downloading e-editions to your Sony Reader:
- On your computer, go to the Sony Reader downloads page (you may be asked for your e-edition username and password). This page will list all the dates for which the e-edition is currently available.
- Click on the date you want, and choose to save the file. (Make sure you save it in a location on your computer where you will be able to find it.)
- Run the eBook Library software that came with your Sony Reader.
- Connect the USB cable that came with your Sony Reader to your computer and to the Reader. The Reader should appear in the eBook Library.
- Import the e-edition into the eBook Library by selecting "Import Files..." in the File menu. Then browse to the location where you saved the e-edition and click "Open."
- The e-edition should automatically be synchronized to your Sony Reader. If it isn't, you can transfer it manually by dragging the e-edition icon in the eBook Library to the Reader.
- For more information or if you have any problems, please consult the Quick Start Guide that came with your Sony Reader.
Reading an e-edition on your Sony Reader:
- You can read the e-edition on your Sony Reader by selecting it in your Reader's menu.
- When you open an e-edition for the first time, you will automatically be taken to the first article.
- To read an article, use the > and < buttons to move through the text.
- To skip to the next article, select the "Next Article >" link at the top of the article. To go back to the previous article, select the "< Prev Article" link.
- To view the table of contents, press the MENU button and select "Table of Contents." This will display a list of the sections in the paper. Select a section to see a list of the articles in that section. Select an article to jump directly to it.
- To move up a level in the table of contents, press the MENU button. To exit the table of contents and continue reading where you left off, press the MENU button to exit the table of contents and select "Continue Reading" from the menu.